X-Ring Security & Firearms offers a Basic Handgun Safety Course that meets all the requirements for persons seeking Pistol Permit status in the State of Hawaii. This course consists of 4 hours classroom time and 2 hours of live shooting.
A one-day (all day) class that meets the State requirement for pistol permit application. All Instructors are NRA Certified. Course fee covers all materials.
- Part of both Revolver and Semi Auto
- Firearm safety and range rules
- Learning about different types of ammunition
- Different types of ammunition malfunctions
- Learn the six fundamentals of shooting
- Hands on training for learning how to load, fire and unload both Revolver and Semi Auto pistol
- Then live fire shooting a .22lr revolver and a semi auto pistol
Before coming to class
Class starts at 8:00am in the X-Ring admin room, building located right next to the range. Please be on time. Bring a personal ear and eye protection. Wear closed toe shoes and no low-cut tops.
The process of getting your Pistol Permit
After taking the course, buy a handgun, you’ll receive a receipt with the firearm make, model, caliber, and serial number.
You need to go to the police station located in Honolulu, 801 South Beretania St., and ask for a pistol permit application.
Fill out the application fully and turn it right back to the officer at the window.
Once the application is complete, wait 14 days to pick up the permit.
- Pick up your permit at the same police station
- Show the firearm shop your permit and fill out a 4473 form
- Bring the firearm back to the same police station to register and confirm the information
***Cancellation and rescheduling can be made within 7 days prior to class date. All sales are final. No refunds for no show.***